Pros of the restaurant:
- very pretty inside, very hip. I definitely felt like I was downtown or somewhere not 5 minutes from my house. They also have a really nice outdoor alley section that you can sit in which looked awesome.
- I loved the upstairs lounge section -- very cool area with a fireplace, couches, etc. I will definitely be back to hang out in this area with some drinks and apps.
- The food was pretty good! Not amazing, but I also went just a few weeks after they opened so it could be even better now. The menu had a nice selection.
- very close to my house! Always a pro!
- Pretty expensive. I went with a group of friends (there were 6 of us) and we shared apps, 2 pizzas, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts. We each had a glass of wine. Each of us paid $50, which seemed a bit steep.
- No wine flights or anything to really make it a "wine bar"
Overall, I liked the restaurant and I will definitely be back. But the next time I go it will be for apps and drinks, not a full meal. (Or I will watch more closely what I order to make sure it's not a fortune!) I think it's a great idea to see a movie at the Ambler theater and then to go Dettera for some drinks after. If you go, enjoy! And let me know what you think!
(215) 643-0111129 E. Butler Pike
Ambler, PA 19002