Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Restaurant Review: Kumo in North Wales

Last week I had the opportunity to try the new Japanese/sushi restaurant, Kumo, in the English Village Shopping Center in North Wales. I am a big sushi eater and was skeptical of a new place, but I heard lots of positive reviews and wanted to try it out for myself.

The sushi was AWESOME. My three friends and I gobbled up every single bite with nothing to spare. We started off with edamame (perfectly cooked and salted) and then had both house and seaweed salads. Both were delicious. Next we tried a variety of your standard cooked and raw rolls, as well as a few rolls from their rather extensive (two-page) special roll list. All of the rolls were amazing and we couldn't stop raving. Our favorites were the Spicy Girl Roll and the Tropical Roll (with banana... I know, sounds weird, but it was great!) Check out the extensive menu.

The inside of the restaurant is very upscale and makes you feel like you are eating in Center City, not North Wales. And though the restaurant is a BYO, we were treated to a glass of complimentary wine each upon our arrival. Very nice!

Finally, I love that you can take advantage of their very reasonable lunch special. For $10, you get soup, salad, and two rolls of your choice. This is a great deal! (And keep a look out for your Clipper Magazine, where you can find $5 off, $10 off and 15% off coupons, as well as on the back of the Kumo to-go menu) Oh, and you can order online! How fab!

I will definitely be back to Kumo very soon. 

1460 Bethlehem Pike
North Wales, PA 19454
215-283-6066

No comments:

Post a Comment