Sunday, April 11, 2010

Now Open: Seasons 52

Last night, I was really excited to check out Seasons 52 which just opened last week in King of Prussia. Seasons 52 is a fresh grill that has a seasonally inspired menu and award winning international wine bar. They prepare their meals using rustic cooking techniques such as grilling or roasting over open fires to enhance the flavor of each dish. Every week of the year, as different foods reach their seasonal peak of taste, Seasons 52 seeks out the best, market-fresh products such as vine-ripened heirloom tomatoes in summer, crisp apples in autumn, hearty root vegetables in winter and tender asparagus in spring. Each meal is nutritionally balanced to include the highest quality lean meats and seafood, good carbs and beneficial oils such as extra virgin olive oil.

Overall, I was very impressed with our dining experience. When we first arrived, we were greeted by complimentary valet parking which was a nice touch. The ambiance was beautiful, warm and inviting and the place was packed! We waited in the bar area for a short time before we were seated. Inside the bar area there was a live piano player that plays nightly. Once seated, we were taken back (in a good way) to see that the menu stated that ALL menu items were 475 calories or less! That was very extraordinary! Equally impressive was their tremendous international selection of 100 wines, including 60 offered by the glass!

Our waiter Tom was amazing! He knew everything we had asked him about the menu and when I asked him which Riesling wine was the sweetest, he pointed one out to me, but asked if I would prefer a Moscato (which is even sweeter). I happen to prefer Moscato over Riesling, but hadn't even noticed it on the wine list, and I was so impressed that he had suggested it instead. The Moscato was sweet and delicious.

My husband and I were with friends and we started with some Flatbreads that were out of this world! I could have just ate those all night! They have several different kinds to choose from. The menu had a little bit of everything, chicken, steak, pasta, fish and salads. We each ordered our own entree and thought the food was very good! I had a Char Crust Filet Mignon, which I really enjoyed.

Their desserts, called Mini Indulgences, were served in shot-size glasses making them the perfectly proportioned size! We had the Key Lime Pie and the Rocky Road which were so scrumptious!

Beyond the food itself, we were all taken back by the focus on customer service throughout the meal. The restaurant's General Manager, made his rounds to all of the tables in the restaurant, looking to ensure that everything about our meal was to our liking. Additionally, another manager in the restaurant also checked on us during our meal. At the end of our stay our waiter handed us his business card and said that anytime we come back to just ask for his section and there will be a table waiting for us. Now that is awesome customer service!! We will definitely be back again!

They do have a second floor for private events and there is a smaller room available on the first floor as well. Great to keep in mind when planning your next party!

Seasons 52
at King of Prussia Mall (near Crate & Barrel)
160 N. Gulph Rd
Suite 101
King of Prussia, PA 19406

Hours:
Monday-Friday:
Lunch: 11:30AM – 4:00PM
Dinner: 4:00PM – 10:00PM
(11:00PM on Friday)

Saturday
11:30AM – 11:00PM

Sunday
11:30AM – 10:00PM

Click here to make a reservation
or call (610) 992-1152

2 comments:

  1. So I see you were in my neck of the woods this time:) Our mom's club went there last Thursday and I agree, I was really impressed by everything. The restaurant looks very upscale, but the prices are so reasonable. I shared the beef/mushroom/blue cheese flatbread with a friend for an appetizer and got the shrimp/crab stuffed mushrooms for my meal. I agree, I could have eaten those flatbreads all night. Everything was fabulous!

    It's great that they have the rooms for private events. There aren't many restaurants like that around here (me) it seems. We had our wedding reception at Maggianos and at the time it was the only one we could find.

    PS - Our servers gave us their cards too, but didn't say why. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went today for lunch and really loved it. We had the eggplant flat bread (awesome), the goat cheese ravioli app and the shrimp and crab stuffed mushrooms. We loved it all! We finished with two desserts: PB and chocolate and Pecan Pie (to die for!) I will definitely be going back soon!

    ReplyDelete